The viking is making some progress. Enjoy.
Tag Archives: ZBrush
Long time no post. I promise to post more often. Here’s some compensation for those of you who still track my blog. This guy is from a personal project of mine that might evolve into a game some day. Update: a more recent turntable version of this character can be found on my YouTube channel.
In January I joined a small group of C# programmers who are busy converting the XNA based cross-platform starLiGHT ENGINE into an open source project. They aim to support Windows PCs, XBox 360 and Windows 7 Phones.
Over the past few days I tried to find a way to sculpt descent hair and I think the result is okay. It took me a while to find suiting brush and stroke settings but I learned some new things along the way.
While ZBrush really shines at concept stages of production it always bites me in the rear when it comes to retopologizing the mesh – always! I honestly cannot remember a single project where it “just worked”.
Not much to tell. A picture is worth a thousand words.